Great title right? I was hoping it would take me out of my hormone induced funk that is knocking at the door, no such luck yet.
Not much going on so I will tell you about bible study.
When we left our previous church, I knew I would need SOMETHING, some type of female fellowship, to get me through the next few months. Something consistent and valuable and vested in the Word. So I joined a summer study at one of the biggest Baptist churches in town. It took them all summer to figure out I did not go to church with them nor was I of the Baptist denomination.
Anyway, the class was mostly older (early 60's and up), meaning older than me, women. I had not been in a class like that in a long time and let me tell you it was wonderful. These women have years of experience not only with life but with the Lord Jesus and they love Him and His Word desperately!
Nobody became my BFF, and to them I was just Rhonda who came to study, but they were so nice and sweet and insightful. They blessed me to no end.
So this fall I planned to go to the study they were doing in the mornings, because frankly, I have not found my groove in our new church home yet, and I need the consistency of something!
Yesterday we did the session on "mean girls" from Esther and it was fantastic! Really spoke as to why we are mean girls or why we respond to mean girls as we do. It went right along with what Lisa McKay had spoken about in the Webinar by A Woman Inspired. Obviously it was meant for me. Funny how He works that isn't it? Ha Ha.
I have a dream and a desire of what I want to do for God. It is not happening yet. It may not happen at all. But I know that being a mean girl about it, being jealous of other women who are living out what I desire to do, is a sure fire way to kill it. As the enemy tries time and again to tell me,
You have nothing to offer.... What makes you any different....How could He use you....
I have to respond,
It is not about me.
God can do whatever He wants, however He wants to do it. It could come out of the clear blue and happen oh so fast or it could take years. His call. It is not about me and my timeline, and to be jealous, sincerely jealous and bitter, because He is using someone else is the mindset of a 2 year old. It was my toy I was going to play with it, it was my dream, I was going to do that.
Toddlers don't get trusted with very much. I don't want to be a toddler.
So in the waiting I will tell myself, it is not about me. I will push deeper into Him and pray steadfastly that I am ready when it does happen. Knowing full well that I won't be but He will. What I need to be is grounded in Him, solid in Him, and trusting in Him alone.
Have a great weekend! Be blessed! Enjoy your time in church this weekend! Enjoy the fellowship of the brethren!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
Amen! and what a great analogy with the toddler - how often we act like our kids!! - i may use that later :) really, like the analogy
have a blessed weekend sis! love you
and God does have great plans for you - be still, and wait on the Lord!!
Hey! I am not sure if you have ever heard of BSF or not, but it's a Bible study that changed my life. It's awesome! And the kids are involved. My kids really miss doing it. If you are interested, shoot me an email. lil_blesins@yahoo.com
I always love your post. You have such a heart for the Lord.
I love this post Rhonda...
I've often wondered the same thing about ministry - "Lord, why are you asking me to do something that SO many other people are doing?"
Funny, but part of my answer came in the lyrics of a Bebo Norman song.. It says, "It's all been said before, but I'll say it again because I know you want to hear it from me..."
Our obedience isn't another's obedience. It may be the same song, chorus and verse, but He wants to hear US sing it! :) That meant a lot to me to know so I hope it helps you too...
Much love to you friend! Thank you so much for listening to the conference and for your encouraging words..:)
Lisa
Post a Comment