I told you here how we grew up on westerns. Cat Ballou has always been one of our favorites.This is one of the best parts, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4L367Qs53xE. Watch this first before reading on.
Done?
(For those of you who have never seen this masterpiece, the candles are for a funeral, the casket is out of camera shot, the girl's dad has just been shot by the villain.)
Okay, now pair this with the fact that I had a candle burning in our bathroom. Why you say? I live with three Y chromosomes and can tell who has been in the bathroom by the lingering odor, THAT'S WHY!
Even my Pound Cake candle has to work itself nearly to death sometimes. You have Y's in your house, you understand.
Just got XX? You are probably totally grossed out and will never read again.
I am sorry.
We will miss you.
Back to the point.
Now having Cat Ballou in mind, imagine the fit of laughter I go into when I see MC 2 leaning over said candle, very focused, singing,
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
and then blowing out the candle.Sisters, it almost had me on the floor I was laughing so hard. I thought if my dad could see this now!
The kid is a riot.
We went to the store yesterday afternoon. I thought it would be a great time to teach the boys some responsibility by having then carry out the bags. We had a total of 2 lunchables, some jalapenos, some grapes, a juice box, and apparently a kryptonite bag of Cheetos. MC 2 was requisitioned to carry the Cheetos bag. Which has a whopping weight of...8 1/2 ounces.
You would have thought they weighed a ton. He was dragging the bag along the ground, bemoaning how heavy it was, until he saw his way out - the buggy boy.
This polite young man was returning the buggy back to the store and headed our way. So what does my darling Hercules of a man do?
While the kid is still 30 yards away, he goes a little something like this,
HEY! HEY! I NEED THAT BUGGY! I NEED THAT BUGGY!
So we will be adding weight training to our day to day routine.Right after we go over ABC's and try to count to 10.
On a different note, it is 3:50 in the morning so if the misspellings and grammatical errors are more than normal, be kind.




2 comments:
Absolutely hilarious! Loved it! Sidenote: So sad about Patrick Swayze......
HILARIOUS!!!! i have nothing more to say - just flat HILARIOUS!!!!!
Post a Comment