Sunday, November 8, 2009

THE SHALLOW END OF THE KIDDIE POOL...

My toddler is not in a hospital in Boston fighting for his very life like MckMama, while the rest of my family is miles away. I tucked them in and prayed with them last night - both of them. My husband is not fighting for his life or lost over the ocean. He was safe in our bed last night, pulling covers and stealing pillows. I have not been battling cancer for years like my sweet friend Nikita or months like Bev. My husband does not leave for weeks on end, except for the occasional hunting trip. We have not had to file bankruptcy and we don't battle mental illness in our marriage.
Yet last night and this morning I am sad. Hormones? Possibly. Maybe a crack that I have let the enemy see because I am tired....


of being fat
of being on a budget and going over
of constantly fighting something (real or imagined) in my life.

I don't know what for sure.
Could I use a good cry - yes I could.
Am I entitled to it as these people are- probably not.
Does it mean it won't happen - doubtful.
But here is what I do know.
In the shallowness of my kiddie pool of sadness (and it is very shallow I know) or the depths of their oceans of despair these words are true...



For the Lord is good;
His mercy is everlasting,
And His truth endures to all generations.
Pslam 100:5 (NKJV)
Praise be His holy name!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen! - and despite what someone we both know told us while growing up - CRYING DOES HELP!!

Keri said...

Oh, my sweet friend. Boy would we be a pair right about now. I am tired of the exact same things you are and right about last night it felt like God was telling me to stop being self-indulgent. I guess that pretty much covers every single thing that has been bothering me......including my self-induced pity parties that result in me spending loads of time at home alone.

And by the way, every once in awhile it's not so bad to have a week or two without our sweet men. I honestly don't feel like I deserve a place in the same paragraph as the others.........life is certainly hard and I think God knew it was going to be for all of us!

Love you!!