Wednesday, March 2, 2011

BARGINING POWER

Tuesday morning finds me up at 3:15am. Actually, that would be up for the second time. The first time started at 2:00am when MC 2 stood over my bed and woke me up with his stare down. And as I am typing this at 3:16am, the cat is now giving me the stare down. I should go back to bed, but I hate to because I have a feeling it won't last and I have to be up in a couple of hours anyway.
Ever since we moved back into our house from The Great Escape of '06, MC 2 has not slept all night for more than 2 or 3 nights in a row. I tried walking him back. He just gets up again. We talked about being a big boy and staying in his own bed. He didn't care. He wanted his mommy. Sunday night, he searched me out on the couch and slept there. The boy is seriously like a bloodhound. Last night HH played the trump card. He told MC 2 that if he got into our bed, he wouldn't be allowed to ride the bus. I had no faith, I'll be honest. I was not surprised to find him standing beside me at 2 this morning. I was surprised when I told him to just get in and he didn't.
Just get in.
I can't.
Why? Just get in.
Dad said I can't.
The kid would not budge. I sent him back to his room, without tears mind you, which worked for about 5 minutes. The end result was me going to get in bed with him, which technically, is not a violation of the bus rule, even though in spirit I am pretty sure it just got shot down. I am not sure what astonishes me more....the fact that our little one could make such a stance at 2 o'clock in the morning or that we never thought of using it before.
I tell you, I am amazed at the power "riding the bus" can wield. I am honestly shocked. I know, I know, enjoy it now because there will come the day when they want me to take them again. When they will be ashamed to be bus riders. I know those days are coming. But for now, we are going to enjoy it and manipulate in every way possible.
Bargaining....it is all about the bargaining power.
UPDATE: HH panicked this afternoon and asked what are we going to do this summer? I had not even gotten that far!

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

ooohh!! the tables are turned then - let's just hope the mc's figure it out - then you will be in big trouble

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely amazing that they love the bus so much!! I wonder what it is that is so enticing for them?
Hmmmm.......

Rhonda said...

I know what it is. The limited supervision! They are such social beasts they just love being able to talk without getting in too much trouble.