Monday, March 14, 2011

I MISSED IT AGAIN...

Every seven weeks, the MCs school has an awards assembly. Perfect attendance....Honor roll, A & A/B....Reading points. I missed the first one when MC 1 received A/B honor roll props. I thought I had told you that but I can't find it and have exerted all the energy I am going to looking. I knew a new one was coming up. I knew we were out of the running for honor roll. We thought he had missed a day or two. I thought I was safe in not going.
Then he came home.

Mom, guess what? Looks like you should have come to the thing. I got an award for not leaving early and for reading points!

What? Oh I am so proud of you! I am so sorry I missed it!

Well, lucky Conner's mom was there, so I had some company.

Yes.....a direct kick in the gut.

With a punch of grateful heart for Conner's mom.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

ouch! way to go mom!! just kidding - we had a straight to the gut moment yesterday too - boy do those hurt!!!

and Praise the Lord for Conner's mom :)

Rhonda said...

Yes, praise the Lord for Conner's mom!