I sat in the meeting and I heard the words,
"You know when you meet someone and they just have leader all over them."
Not talking about me.
Though my flesh so desperately wanted it to be me.
It actually went through my head,
I wonder why that was not said about me.
Then right after that I thought,
what is up with your puffed up head.....get over yourself.
Later that night I was thinking the whole thing over again,
and I am not sure how we got there,
but during my internal discussion, someone interjected with....
Now it could have been my flesh, lamenting its lack of pomp and circumstance.
It could have been the enemy trying to discourage me.
Or it could have been the Lord asking,
What if you are just a shoe salesman?
Will that be enough?
What if you going into that classroom everyday is it?
What if you loving those men children of yours,
and the ones that come along that aren't,
so what if that is as big as it gets?
So what?
Shoe salesman....
knelt down before people, serving them.
No pomp.....
No circumstance...
Shodding their feet with the gospel of peace as I go along,
or crushing their toes while I try to get ahead?
I wish I could tell you my flesh just gave in on its desire to be celebrated.
It just surrendered that ground.
It didn't.
It won't.
But it doesn't choose.
I DO.
YOU DO.
Jeremiah 45:5
"And do you seek great things for yourself?
Do not seek them;
for behold,
I will bring adversity on all flesh,"
says the Lord.
" But I will give your life to you as a prize in all places,
wherever you go."
Shodding with peace?
Crushing with pride?
Which shoes are we selling?
We would be wise to take note,
for someday we may have to walk in them.




2 comments:
Brilliant. Seriously so good. I very much needed to read this today.
humbling. convicting. thank you
Post a Comment