Monday, May 14, 2012

MY NEXT 300....

I have been wondering all weekend how I was going to follow Friday's post. Was I going to leave it alone and move on? Was I going to defend my stance? Was I going to defuse any hostility?
In the end, I hope to do a bit of all three.
If you have pictured me with a white poster board sign and chunking rocks at people, then stop. I have learned better in my walk with the Lord. While I make no apologies for what I said, I am not going around acting as the sin police. If I did, I would never get out of my own bathroom and away from my own mirror.
Also, know that I can disagree with you and still love you. I really can. Before I grew up some in the Lord, maybe not so much. So I understand those of you who struggle with that concept. Now, I can. Maybe from a distance, but I can, because you are not my enemy.
Listen, relationship is key here. The Holy Spirit is vital here. Only by His guidance would I want to speak into someone's life that I didn't have a relationship with. It is only by His guidance that I would want to speak into someone's life that I do have a relationship with. The flesh wins out and the mouth sometimes shoots before it thinks, but I am growing in that as well.
I read a blog post about winning a culture war and losing a generation. I would say the generation is already lost. Each and every one. It is only through Christ Jesus, and His uncompromising truth and love, can we be saved.
With that, I am moving on.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

without Christ, we are all lost - but God....

Amen and amen