Monday, December 31, 2012

2013- The Year Of.....

You talk too much.

Disheartening words to hear from the Lord.
Yet, hear them I did.
While asking what He wanted for the next year from me, I felt Him say it in my spirit.
You talk a lot. You talk too much. You need to stop talking and start doing. What is between Me & you needs to be acted upon and not just talked about.
As the bumper sticker I have posted in my room says, Less talk....More Walk, in so many areas.
Clearly, in my spiritual life, but that all spills over into practical areas as well.
Less talk, more walk - in being a deliberate parent.
Less talk, more walk- in taking care of the house.
Less talk, more walk - in being a better steward of a whole bunch of things.
Less talk, more walk - in my meal planning.

You get the idea.

Fear not- Less talk doesn't mean less blogging, as if there could be judging by these last few months.
Hopefully, it means more. Less talking about wanting to write and more actual writing.

So, I have officially declared my 2013 as the year of shhhhhhhh.
It's what I choose.
At least until He tells me otherwise.

James 1:22-25 (NKJV) 
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.  For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man observing his natural face in a mirror; for he observes himself, goes away, and immediately forgets what kind of man he was. But he who looks into the perfect law of liberty and continues in it, and is not a forgetful hearer but a doer of the work, this one will be blessed in what he does.

No comments: