That would be 40.
Which is what I will be.
Not tomorrow, or this month even, but soon enough.
I find myself thinking about it more and more though.
Like today, sitting at the OB/GYN
(boys - totally fine if you just checked out, but the girls know)
looking at all the mamas to be and the mamas who just were,
remembering when I was in their shoes,
seeing the "old" ladies there,
and realizing that I am now the "old" lady.
Or when I read an article (a lovely one, too) about some friends' mama who is retiring, thinking I remember when she started, and realizing I have been out of high school long enough for a person to want to retire in those same years.
I am not really afraid of 40, but aware.
Aware of how far I have come.
Aware of how far I have to go.
2 Corinthians 3:18 (NKJV)
But we all, with unveiled face,
beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord,
are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory,
just as by the Spirit of the Lord.
I am not one who thinks the best years are behind me.
I really hope not.
To me, that would be depressing.
I have had good years in high school, college, the 20's & 30's,
but I really hope I haven't peaked out.
If the Lord allows -
We have MCs to graduate.
We have MCs to graduate.
Daughter-in laws to meet.
Grandbabies to kiss.
Front porch rocking to do.
Philippians 1:6 (NKJV)
being confident of this very thing,
that He who has begun a good work in you
will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;
I am going to hold God to His word.
Yeah, that is what I would like them to be.




No comments:
Post a Comment