Monday, March 9, 2015

A BEAUTIFUL RUN

Let me just start with this - I learned this past season that even though I love football, I do not, in any shape, form or fashion, like watching my MC get hit. AT ALL......
 
MC 1's last game was an exciting one. On one of the drives, he ended catching a great pass from the QB, and had a lot of empty field in front of him.
     He turned and ran.
         I stood and yelled.
            Run.
                Run!
                    RUN!
                        JUST RUN!

In my head I was thinking  -
       don't look around,
             don't turn your head back; it just slows you down,
                  don't take your eyes off the goal line.

I want to run that way. I don't want to look around at my other racers and see how much better they can run. I don't want to look to the people behind me and get puffed up that at least I'm faster than them.


I want to run that way. I don't want to look at the miles behind me, only to see moments of glory I cling to and moments of complete failure I can't seem to let go of.

I want to run that way. I want to quit being distracted by this and that. I want to keep my eyes focused on the goal line. I want to make decisions with that finish line as my guide.

I want to run that way. I want people in the stands cheering me on to run...just run. I want to cheer others on. I want to make them better runners. I want to be a better runner.

MC 1 didn't cross the goal line. He was tackled around the 10 yard line.
   But is was a fantastic run.
       That is what I remember.
             Beautiful.
                 And we build on that.

Unlike the game of football where crossing the goal line may or may not happen, we, here, on this planet, are all promised a finish line.
Our run will have its falters.
Our run will have its strides.
We build on both of those.
I choose to build on both. 

We are all runners.
We will all finish.
It's not an easy run,
but it can be a
Beautiful run.

2 Timothy 4:7 (NKJV)
I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.



No comments: