Wednesday, April 22, 2009

EXIT STAGE LEFT

Yesterday, I completed my exit interview for my job, since I am quitting and all. It was not exactly an interview, more along the lines of "fill out this paperwork and check these boxes". They had short answer questions as well- what did you like? What did you dislike? The lines to write in were very small so I am guessing they did not want essay responses on either question.
It is a very weird time for us right now. HH sees $$$$$ gone, I see stress gone. I see getting my life back and being the mom I want to be. I told you before, some moms are great at work and mommying- I don't think I am one of those. By God's grace I have done okay and maybe I have an unrealistic view of what life will be like post -work.
One thing I definitely do not see is the next step. I am totally at a loss. Since of peace - yes- but not sure if it is God or me just saying "hey it will all be okay". I can say EVERY MOM I work with has blessed this decision. I know man's approval is not what we are to strive for, but it is nice that they don't think I have absolutely lost my mind. Part of me sees $$$$ (not a lot) gone as well. Add to that being told AGAIN & AGAIN how horrible the economy is and the fact that HH's job is in the not so profitable industry right now, the worldly side of me is going - ARE YOU NUTS?
I have asked, pleaded and begged , please show me the next phase Jesus. Please show me where we are going with this. So far all I have gotten is - "okay this is the next step", which is His standard operating procedure most days anyway. So I will cling to what His word tells me about Him:
1 Corinthians 2:9 (NKJV)
Eye has not see, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

amen! remember that His word is a lamp unto our feet, not a spotlight illuminating the whole - be still and know that He is God - wait upon the Lord - and hey, if we can do it on one income, you can too!!!

i meant that to be encouraging, not prideful :)

love you

Keri said...

I do seriously think we are leading parallel lives. I beg on a daily basis for Him to show me the next step, but I think He is waiting for me to be content in what He has for me today before He gives me "what's next". I have been struggling with this, big time!

At some point, we will have to get together for some serious face time. I imagine we could chat for hours!

I can NOT wait to see what God has up His sleeves for you!!

Rhonda said...

The same to you Keri! I look forward to the face time:) I could say the same for you!

Rhonda said...

The same to you Keri! I look forward to the face time:) I could say the same for you!