Saturday, April 11, 2009

IN THE NOTHINGNESS

I started thinking about this yesterday and the Lord really had it on my mind this morning. Not to mention my Esther study lined up with it earlier last week. Over 2000 years ago, today was a nothing day. Christ has been crucified, and had not yet risen. I can only imagine what the disciples & the followers thought and felt in the midst of this nothingness. To go to the grave and see nothing. To fellowship together and nothing. Yet at the very time when they saw nothing, the very gates of hell were being destroyed and the chains of sin and death broken forever. How many times to I do that?Because I see nothing I assume nothing. Because I can't see the hand of God sweeping through my life, I assume that He is not moving. I know we are told this is not the case, but how many times do I fall into that trap? More than I want to admit I am afraid. At times I have taken "Seeing is believing" more to heart than "now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." I think Mrs. Moore sums it up well in the following from Esther:

"A war is being raged over your head in the unseen realm, and a great cloud of witnesses are cheering you on. You have no idea what's at stake. "(P.98)
To know that when I see nothing is NOT the time for me to do nothing. There is a battle for my very soul raging in the heavenlies. To destroy my family for generations to come. And it is often in those "nothing "times that I make my greatest stand. That I say to the enemy - I see nothing of my deliverance - but I will stand and believe and confess Jesus Christ until I do. I think it is the "nothing" times that our faith rubber meets the road. Easy to believe when we see it all before us. What would have happened if the followers of Christ had taken the nothingness as a sign to quit? What if Mary had not gone back to the grave? What then? And tomorrow symbolizes the best part- we are not left to "nothing" forever, only while Christ does what He has to do. Rest assured if you are in "nothing", He is all about "SOMETHING". Stand your ground. Pray to be as wise as a serpent and as gentle as a dove. Ask the Lord to prepare your hands for war against the enemy (which is NEVER flesh and blood). In the nothing times, we are trained. In the nothing times, our shields are reinforced. And in the nothing times our swords are ready to be sharpened like never before.
Today- rejoice in the quiet and the nothing. Because NOTHING is what the enemy can do about the SOMETHING Christ has already done! Thank you Jesus! Glory be Your name!

2 comments:

Keri said...

Great post (do I say that every time??). I have never thought about the day between the crucifixion and resurrection.....a nothing day. I have many of those...thanks for the reminder to not let those nothing days discourage me!

Rebecca said...

Awesome!! it is in those times that we wait on the Lord, just as you said.

love ya