Monday, June 1, 2009

AND THE TWO SHALL BECOME ONE

Ah - the last weekend before school is officially out. It was nice- not as nice as next weekend will be - but nice. They say when you marry you can not expect to change your spouse. I would beg to differ. I have effectively turned HH to into a new man- a new Chick-Fil-A man! That is right gals - eat your hearts out- my man likes CFA breakfast minis and treated us to such on Saturday AM. They were divine. Of course, HH is also a germ freak at times so the men children were properly sanitized before we left because

" what do they have some kind of Lysol bomb to clean that playroom. No, I do not think so."

Whatever you say dear. We then ventured over to SAM's club and did some shopping. We went on the premise of finding a desk. We walked out with taco seasoning and some new plaid shorts for HH for, you guessed it - G-O-L-F. And some mini Gatorade's. I am sensing a trend- a mini one - bit a trend never the less.

Upon arrival back at the Clampett house, we all crashed for naps. I had to run back into town and got to go solo! Sweet escape. As I was browsing the local aisles, an overwhelming urge hit me - for chocolate. I bought OREOES (which I typically don't like), Cookie Brownie Bar mix (thanks Amanda) and just straight up brownie mix. Chocolate could not make it into my basket fast enough. Did I mention that when I am stressed I like carbs & chocolate? A two for one deal can not be passed on.

HH had to go to town later on. He came back with 2 movies and you guessed it - chocolate. Whoppers & M&M's.

We are living proof of Genesis 2:24

"Therefore a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and they shall become one flesh."


Our flesh likes chocolate!
Have a good night:)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

so where are your plaid shorts and glof clubs? four more days!!!!

Jennifer said...

Chocolate...yum! And I LOVE those brownie cookie things...I sure wish that I would not have been introduced to them. I make them and take them anytime I can!

Keri said...

Love it!!! It's amazing how good a healthy dose of chocolate can make you feel!

I am just laughing at your husband and the plaid shorts. I know I don't know you, know you, but I just can't reconcile the golfing, germ freak, breakfast mini HH with the guy that drives a tractor and loves to hunt! At least it never gets boring around there!