Tuesday, June 30, 2009

HOME AGAIN HOME AGAIN...

Well, we have returned from the far west! My mom asked me how my visit was at Aunt Bootie's - BUMPY mom- BUMPY! We had a good visit with the extended family at Aunt Bumpy's house. Can I just say I have never seen a house with so much storage in all my livin' days! She had more storage spots in one bathroom than I have in my entire house. Ok that may be a bit of an overstatement but not much. The men children were in heaven. Tractors and dirt abounded and we loved every minute of it. And windmills - my word. They were everywhere! Those things are huge and marvels to look at. Every morning man child 2 rushed out to see them. The windmills blink red at night. Does kinda ruin the night sky but come December they could hook up some Christmas songs and make a killing!
The West Texas relatives have a varied selection of animals. We saw lamas, goats, miniature horses, and these three:

May I introduce Ellie Mae, Sugar and Booger. They live with (and by with I mean in the house) Jamie and Greg (sorry they have no cool nicknames yet). To say these dogs slobber a tiny bit would do them a huge injustice, but we loved them! We are still missing them.
As I stated, tractors were plentiful under the big West Texas sky. It became apparent as we traveled back east that tractors were becoming scarce when we had the following conversation:
Me: MC 2 look out the window and tell me what you see.
MC2: Not tractors.
Sorry buddy.
This week we are back in the routine. Dentist's appointments, bible study and mounds of laundry. Hopefully a little more focused than I have been the past few weeks. Maybe actually get some things accomplished! I did mow the yard yesterday so that should count for something!
Have an awesome day!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

glad to have you back

sounds like you had a good time

love you