Monday, May 17, 2010

4 + 1

This weekend was full of festivities. Friday night MC 1 had a sleepover with Jay-G and HH had a sleepover with his motorcycle buddies. So MC 2 and I were solo. For people who spend 20 hours a day together (we don't count the 4 when he actually sleeps in his bed), the idea of a Mommy and me sleepover did not thrill his soul. He was already upset with me from earlier in the day when he declared,
I AM DONE WITH YOU MAMA!
and stomped off to his room. He spent the greater part of the night bemoaning the absence of his daddy and his big brother.
Saturday brought a celebration of MC 2 turning 4+1. If you asked him how old he was going to be, that is what you got.
One hand with four fingers held up, the other hand with one finger held up.
He often makes things more complicated than they need to be.
We had a good party at a local park and great cake.
He was impressed with each and every gift.
I can honestly say he has played with ALL of them, and that never happens.
Saturday night HH had to work, so the men children and I settled in with the Tooth Fairy.
They weren't to interested.
Not enough action.
Or sounds of people passing gas.
Or shots to the family jewels.
Or whatever other silly thing boys laugh at.
(On the way to church they were all, and I mean all, laughing their heads off at the app on HH iPod that makes tooting sounds- seriously? Needless to say we have had some talks about what is appropriate in front of mom and what is not).
Sunday was church and then IRON MAN 2.
Again, too much of the talkie - talkie and not enough of the fightie-fightie for the men children.
I enjoyed it, but then again, it was Robert Downey, Jr., whom I adore.
Ended the evening by eating & swimming at Nanny's and crashing way later than we should have.
Today MC 2 and I are going to take apart the lawn mower.
He is very excited.
I am very nervous.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

yeah - i totally didn't call him yesterday - I AM SO SORRY!! i will try to catch you guys today. love the recap of the weekend - always good for us nosey people. we had a blast on saturday - the kids, well the boy, and the girl once she actually played, wore themselves out - parties at the park are always a hit

love ya

sueonthefarm said...

Beats the idea of MC2 at the alligator park!