On Wednesday, I dropped the boys off at school and headed to my discipleship class at church. I had about an hour and a half to kill, so I decided to treat myself to some chicken minis. When I went back out to the truck, I noticed my rear lights were still on. I was confident I had turned them all off and was aggravated that I might have a dead battery on my hands.
If only...
I open the driver's door and smoke came billowing out like I was a student at Ridgemont High.
The cab was engulfed and some motor was running.
A policeman was walking out of the establishment (like you don't know where chicken minis come from) and I had him assist me. He called in the troops.
They found the problem...

When I was driving into town, I had to pass by another chicken minis store and my original intent was to stop there. The little voice (aka Holy Spirit) urged me to drive on.
I debated.
Drive on to the next one. What if something happens?
What is going to happen?
Drive on.
Okay fine I will.
The point...listen good to the still small voice as He gently nudges you and guides you.
There may not have been a policeman coming out just as I was discovering the fire.
My mama may not have been able to run over to get me right then.
Who knows?
He does.
I am glad I chose to listen good then.
I choose to do so today.




4 comments:
wow - good job on the pics - that is scary - and He is so good!!!
Oh no!! Glad you listened!!
Oh no!! Glad you listened!!
I don't know which I am more jealous of.....your morning spent with chicken minis....or firemen. :-)
But I think this post was about something more meaningful than that!! I love that you listened...I need you to stay healthy and good!
Post a Comment