Friday, November 12, 2010

SHUNNED

Yesterday was the Thanksgiving Dinner at the MC's place of higher education.
First up was MC 2.
10:30.
Turkey and dressing and all the fixings at 10:30.
A.M.
If MC 2 said 5 words to me he said 1.
He didn't.
Without the occasional prodded question from me, we would have sat in silence.
I guess he was to busy eating his carbs and chocolate cake.
I did have a nice visit with the other parents, as their children shunned them as well.
I broke up a fight in the line.
It's the teacher in me.
I can't help it.
Verbal confrontations between small MC's are so intense.
I helped one young man put back one of the two desserts he had loaded up on.
I also tried to ignore the fact that I was 99% sure he had licked his fingers and dipped them in both.

MC 1's time was more reasonable.
The shunning was not.
Not a word.
Carbs and chocolate cake.
We are all about the carbs and chocolate cake.
MC 1 did have the decency not to abandon me for the playground until after I was done.
I will wait until you finish before I leave.
Thank you son.Check Spelling
Unlike our table mates.
Or mate, as the dad ended up eating alone when the kid ditched him.
After the kid had sugared up on fruit salad, chocolate pie, and pumpkin pie.
The playground requires sustenance.
Tried to get pics but the dern camera on my phone doesn't want to talk to my email.
I know how it feels.
So have a great Friday!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

ahh - the school shun

wow - is it really time for that already? way too early for this mom

LisaShaw said...

Don't worry, he'll always want you around. It's just part of the growing up :) Cute sharing!

Blessings!