What a difference a change in quarterback can make.
Have you seen the Aggies play lately?
My goodness!
Where has this team been all year?
Not that is at all one persons fault.
But the change seems to have shaken them up.
Friday the MCs and I went with the in-laws to a local playoff game.
First game I had been to like that in about 5 years.
It rained.
The entire first half.
It stopped during half-time.
It rained the entire second half.
By the time we left, we were soaking wet, but we have a story to tell now.
Saturday we went and picked up MC 1's deer meat.
Then MC 1 shot me in the leg with his bow and arrow.
To say grounded would be such an understatement.
I have never in a ll my life had to control the words about to fly out of my mouth as I did then.
I cried I was so mad.
I decided we needed a change in location to we headed to the grandparents house early.
Every year their church has a fall celebration at my folks place.
There is a hayride, a bonfire, and great food.
Except this year because someone who shall remain nameless (MOM) forgot to tell the girl that makes the Oreo cookie balls TO MAKE the Oreo cookie balls.
So she didn't.
I think she got distracted by that good looking young man hanging out with her.
I bet he would have liked some Oreo cookie balls too.
Oh...the girl... not Mom...was distracted by the young man child.
Goodness that would get stories going wouldn't it.
I don't know we get all excited about the fall celebration.
I mean it is not like we couldn't do that ANY GIVEN WEEKEND we go out there.
But we do.
There was even a hay maze.
It is the delight of men children's souls.
Sunday off to church, and then a birthday party.
A boys birthday party.
With lots of other little boys.
With putters and golf balls.
Imagine the rest.
It was good to watch though.
Like a compact version of The Sandlot.
Then home where we watched The Karate Kid.
I have to say I was pleased.
I was not sure about them touching my sacred Daniel-son, but they treated him right.
Today... check-up where the doc actually said are you monitoring your diet?
Clearly that is a no.
Have a great Monday!




2 comments:
whew - that post covered a lot!! hope your ankle is healed - i know that hurt -
and it is still not as good as the first one
I'm exhausted just reading that!
Post a Comment