Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WOUNDED

My heart hurts Lord.
It has been wounded.
I try to heal it Lord.
I really try.
But today I find it weeping once again.
Pain and hurt.
Loss and anger.
What ifs finding their way out.
I want it to stop hurting.
I want it to be healed.
Whole once again.
Trusting once again.
Loving once again.
The sad part is it's not even a big wound.
Not now.
It was.
You have healed so much of it.
But that little piece that won't heal.
Or can't because I keep at it...
That part hurts today.
The hurt brings the tears,
and the tears sting.
Use them Lord to cleanse the wound.
Capture them in Your hand and wash me with them.
Today I am broken hearted.
Bind it up Jesus.
It is what You came to do.
It is what You choose to do.
I choose to let You.

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen. lifting you up in prayer today - love you

Sandy said...

I needed this so much today. Thank you!

Life with the Akin Clan said...

oh wow. That was almost exactly my prayer this morning. Isn't it good to know that He holds our tears and will hold all of our burdens. Why won't we let Him?

Praying for you....