Monday, December 20, 2010

A BIRD IN THE TRUCK IS WORTH A LOT OF POO...

The past weekend HH abandoned us for the call of the great outdoors.

Really it was the call of his daddy and baby brother, but referring to it as the "call of the great outdoors" seems more masculine.
Friday was party central at the MCs school. MC 1 had a PJ & Polar Express party, a movie I am pretty sure shows up in the TEKS somewhere. (Texas Education joke. It's funny.... I promise). MC 1 had pancakes and sausage. Trust me, that is his kind of party. All the fun wrapped up and we were all home by 10 AM. Yes, I had to entertain my kids ALL DAY. We watched movies. The they cleaned their room. That took 2+ hours. They finished just in time for us to go watch my sister coach her basketball team. We don't want to talk about it. Moving on to Saturday. Around 10ish I was looking out the kitchen window, talking to MC 1, when I noticed a bird around my truck. Looking closer, it appeared the bird was trapped IN my truck. MC 1 and I go to check it out, and yep, there is a darling little blue bird in my cab. It is obvious he has been there awhile. Someone left a window cracked. You would think if he could get in through the window, he could get out. Not true. There we were out in the pasture, I in my robe and MC 1 in his pj's, trying to set the caged bird free. I open the driver side doors, and the bird does what you would expect. He goes to the other side. I tell MC 1 to open the passenger back door, which he does, and the bird goes to the front of the passenger side. I now understand why he was trapped. This bird is an idiot. The dogs had followed us out to the truck, and it was about this time that Bella spotted Mr. Bird. Next thing I know she has jumped in the front floorboard of the truck and is trying to navigate around the steering wheel to get a snack. I go into yell mode.

MC 1 Open the door! Open the door!

For some odd reason MC 1 began to panic and froze up. Not the kid I need in an emergency.

I am yelling OPEN THE DOOR! whilst having visions of the carnage in my truck should Bella actually get to the bird.

MC 1 is trying to be brave and open the door.

Bella is trying to navigate my front seat.

I know the neighbors wonder about us.

I know they do.

Finally, MC 1 gets the door open and Mr. Bird flies away, just as Bella breaks free from the steering wheel.

Then we came back inside.

How was your Saturday morning?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

hehehe - mine was much quieter!!! never a dull moment, huh?