Tuesday, April 12, 2011

THINGS I LEARNED IN THE 2nd GRADE....

Last Friday I substituted in the second grade at the MCs school. Elementary kids are a different breed for me since I am, or was as HH likes to point out, a high school teacher. I like high school kids for the most part. They are old enough to know better and be told so. Some can appreciate my dry sense of humor. 2nd graders, well, it is sort of lost on them. However, I am growing fond of the little rug rats. Not that I want to teach them. That one day in MC 2's kindergarten class confirmed that. But a drop in here and there is not too bad. Here are a few of the things I learned while hanging with the little knuckleheads.....
Him: Hey can I tell you a secret?

Me: Sure

Him: (Ever so softly in my ear) I know Santa isn't real.

Me: You do? Were you upset?

Him: No...

Me: Why? Because you could be naughty now?

Him: Yep.... and no one is watching.

.......................................................................................................


Me: You have Fifths Disease? Did you tell your music teacher?

A different him: Yep. She knows. She talked to her obedient doctor and he said it was fine.

.........................................................................................................


Me: I don't care if you take your shoes off.

Same him as the Santa secret: Mrs.!

Sometimes I have to take my shoes off because I have athlete's foot and it has to dry out!

Me: Okay then.......
14 boys and 4 girls. Not a one absent that day. Bless their teacher's heart!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

they are so honest at that age - hilariously so