Every mom has been there.
Your child comes in crying.
There is blood.
You are trying to triage the injury.
Then you have to make the call.
ER or not?
Yesterday, we opted for not. MC 1 came in, tears mixed with blood. I looked around and thought the initial injury was on the top of his eye. I would not make a good triage nurse. The actual wound is in his lower lash line where he managed to flay open the bottom portion of his eye. Right into the lashes.
How you ask?
He and MC 2 were playing a "game",
he fell, and hit his eye on....
get this freak of an accident...on a part of a Wii gun.
His eye is fine, praise the Lord. And believe you me, we were giving so serious praise to Him. He is really hoping it leaves a cool scar. Said it makes him feel like a UFC fighter.
I will probably put a call into the nurse to give me peace of mind (because yes, I am that mom).
ER or not?
I am pretty sure I will be asking that question again with these MCs.
Praise God for wisdom.
While typing this, HH called and suggested we just go to the doctor.
Just to be sure, 'cause he is that dad:)
And we watch a lot of UFC:)
I agree.




2 comments:
well if you are 'that' mom and he is 'that' dad - i hope you have good insurance :))) nahh, after a few cuts and scrapes you will probably be so experienced you could stitch it up yourself
My name is not Casey.....or David. No self-stitches for us!
Post a Comment