This past weekend was my 20 year high school reunion.
In case you are worried because I haven't talked about HH's reunion:
1. I am older than him.
2. He was the only one in his graduating class.
So everyday is a reunion for him...
Several weeks ago I was pretty nervous about going.
I did not go to our ten year one for that very reason.
High school was hard for me.
We moved when I was a sophomore from the only friends I had ever known.
Not just to a new school, or even a new town, but a new state.
To say I had a chip on my shoulder would be like saying it's just a little warm in Texas right now.
I was not the nicest person who walked the halls.
I was mouthy.
I was angry.
I was scared out of my head.
20 years later you would think all those feelings would be gone.
For the most part they were.
They were replaced with feelings of guilt and shame for how difficult I had made life.
Over the last few weeks, I have really been praying for the Lord to let me just be me when I went.
Not the angry girl.
Not the mouthy girl, with killer witty sarcasm.
Not the girl who was scared out of her head.
I wanted to walk in there a girl in love with Jesus.
A girl glad to see each and everyone of them.
A girl who had grown into a woman,
and that woman knows exactly who she is in Christ.
I have to say He answered.
It was wonderful to see faces I had not seen for 20 years.
It was good to see faces I saw last month.
I laughed.
I hugged.
I wished for more time.
Some had faced difficulty.
Some were doing exactly what they were meant to do.
I found myself praying for them all the other day.
That God would restore those that had suffered loss.
That He would speak to them.
That He would love on them.
I hope I don't have to wait 20 more years to do that myself.
I tried to steal other pics from that "book place", but this was the only one that let me.




4 comments:
He is good and ever so faithful!! glad you had fun and you all look beautiful!
I am so glad that you came...I am so glad that you are smiling in ALL of the pictures and not having your game face from 20 years ago. I am glad that you came to Hallsville 22 years ago and will always treasure your friendship and, of course, giggle when I see you in high heels, lipstick AND painted nails! You were glowing Saturday, and it wasn't just your outward appearance!
Thank you so much Jennifer. I did see one....but I blame it on Johnny with all his flashings:)
First of all....you look gorgeous!! I am so glad that you went. It must have been really healing for you! I have a good friend that came to our 20 year reunion kicking and screaming because in her mind, we were all still 18 and she was the only one that had grown up. It was a huge surprise to her to see that we'd all grown up and lived a lot of (not always easy) life. She was exactly as you describe yourself in those days and it was a great experience for her.
Love you!!
Post a Comment