Wednesday, August 3, 2011

FOOTSTEPS OF INDEPENDENCE

As I am getting into the shower...
MC 2: Mom, I can make my own breakfast.
Okay. What are you going to make?
MC 2: A peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I can do it mom, I can do it.
As I am in the shower...
pitterpatterpitterpatter
MC 2: Mom, where is the jelly?
In the fridge.
pitterpatterpitterpatter
MC 2 : Mom, where is the bread?
On the table.
pitterpaterpitterpatter
Those pitterpatters are his steps toward independence.
Soft at first, growing louder each day.
They are hard to hear, but necessary.
Someday I will miss them.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

oh - how i struggle with that pitter-patter - it's what they are supposed to do, it's what we want them to do, and we are so proud and so filled with love when they do - and our hears breaks in a million pieces

JoBeth said...

pitterpatterpitterpatter! (tear) Jeremiah turns 5 on Aug. 24th! He is growing so very fast! We are so blessed to have Jeremiah. I was told for years I would never have children. HA! Just look what the LORD has done!! ;)