Wednesday, November 23, 2011

TALKING TURKEY....

Cooking tips?
Nah.
I am going to talk about these turkeys.
See this?
This is not what they are doing this morning,
Or have been doing all week.
And when they do, it is not even in their own bed.
Monday we went "shopping".
MC 1 declared it the best day ever.
As much as I would like to think it was spending the day together he enjoyed so much, I am pretty sure his grand sentiments had much more to do with him getting a jacket he has wanted for what seems like all his life. A jacket he has slept in for the last two nights and worn for the last two days.
MC 2 got some cop cars that I have yet to see him play with.
And this turkey....
discovered the joy of smoking his own turkeys last year and is in full turkey smoking mode again this year.
Which means I am in full turkey smoking mode.
It also means some of us will be up all night tonight because we like nothing better than waiting until the last minute.
The pressure....we live for the pressure.

So as I scavenge the store for the last of the fresh birds, I hope your preparations are going great. I hope you get to spend Thanksgiving with the turkeys you love and cherish. I hope your faraway turkeys come home to roost for a few days.
Do turkeys roost?
I think they do.
I think I heard that in a hunting show one time.
Probably Waddell...yep, I bet it was him.

I pray, for me as much as you, that we remember in all our doings, to be thankful for the very ones we are doing for.
Above all, thankful to Christ Jesus, the One who did all for us.

No comments: