For this round.
There will be other rounds I am sure.
I did cry a bit in this one.
Our round table discussion was great.
I told them one of the things I valued was realizing that we
I also valued the fact that the spouses openly shared how they weren't always at the same point in their FPU mindset.
These comments prompted Tim to lay out his heart about FPU and it was beautiful.
He talked about how, while yes we are getting out of debt, it is much more about who he is becoming.
He sees value in their struggle because it will allow both he and his wife to empathize with others. He asks the Lord for opportunities to share with others what he has learned so they don't make the same stupid mistakes we have. He hates it, it is painful, it is difficult, but he wouldn't change that for anything. He doesn't want to miss any of this because what is at the end of the journey is worth it. Beans and rice, casseroles or not, it is worth it.
Can that not be said for my life as a Christian?
It can if I choose to view it that way.
If I choose to submit to Christ.
In all areas.
If only...
I choose.




1 comment:
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 cor. 4:17-18
i heard the last session was a good one - glad it was - and so proud of you for doing the hard work of FPU
Post a Comment