Several weeks ago I attended a social function where I would be the outsider. I would not know 97% of the people there. A situation like that makes me very nervous and very insecure which leads to me throw up the best defense mechanisms I have - sarcasm and wit. I wield them well and have been known to cause a good bit of collateral damage in the process. The guest of honor at said function is very dear to me, and I desperately wanted to do nothing to upset her. More than that, I did not want to, as we say in the South "show my butt", and embarrass myself and the Lord. On the way over, I was praying,
Lord help me to remember my place.
Now, what happened at the function is a sweet moment between my friend and I, however, that little phrase has not left my thought life.
Lord, help me to remember my place.
Like so many of you, I sometimes forget my proper place.
I go either high.....thinking more of myself than I should. Thinking I know better that God. Thinking I am better than others. Thinking I am entitled to more. Humbly grateful that I am not as bad as some of "them".
Or I go low.....thinking I am unworthy of anything. I'll never be as good as her. I don't deserve to have goods things happen. I have sinned too much. Christ loves her or him more than me.
What I need to do is remember my place.
My place in the all...
Romans 3:23 - for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.
None better...none worse...
My place in the world...
John 3:16 - for God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not parish but have everlasting life.
I am here.
My place at the cross...
Ephesians 2:13 - But now in Christ Jesus you who once were far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.
Right at the foot.
My place in Christ Jesus...
2 Corinthians 5:17 - Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.
Who I was is no longer who I am.
Ephesians 2: 5-6 - even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved), and raised us up together, and made us sit together in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus,
I have a seat at the table.
My place in eternity....
John 10:28 - And I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; neither shall anyone snatch them out of My hand.
Safe in His hands.
It does me good to remember my place.
I need to remember my place.
I must choose to remember my place.
Maybe you have forgotten yours?
Maybe you didn't think you had one?
You do.
You can.
Choose Jesus.
He has a place for you.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Love this!! Will certainly refer back to it often when I need the encouragement. Love you!
well said - Amen!
Post a Comment