is that they are all our kids. Any place. Any situation. Any time. At least, that is what I have found for me and many of my cohorts in education. Quite frankly, I've found it in many moms as well. But that teacher/mom combo is a force of nature. You cheer them like they are yours. You correct them like they were yours. They are just yours. Which may explain why I let a small, random toddler spit, and I mean with lots of drool, a cap full of rocks out of his mouth and into my hand at VBS last night, and further explain why I left my hand there so he could spit out the remaining rocks in his mouth....one at a time. I know- extremely unsanitary. A smarter person would have had him spit them on the ground. But that is not what I would have done with my own kid. I did stop myself from sticking my finger in his mouth and doing a sweep for more rocks. And I did locate hand sanitizer rather quickly.
How about you - moms & dads? When have you caught yourself "parenting" other's children? Any stories that required hand sanitizer?




1 comment:
None to share that require hand sanitizer, but I do find myself doing things like I would do if I were their Mom. Been years and years since I taught school, but once a school teacher, always one. I do believe that once a mom always a mom. Can't tell you how many times I've stopped kids running in the halls at church and done it with "the look". Which does work, ha, ha. I do so relate to what you did, probably would have done it the same way and might have even put my finger in his mouth before I thought!
Post a Comment