Thursday, June 7, 2012

UHM.... YEAH....

I really have no good reason for not writing. In my head I totally just quoted Lane Frost, well Luke Perry as Lane Frost- I got no excuses Kel- you did the best you could by me and I failed you. Except I am not sure that is exactly how it went so at 10:45pm I am wavering going over and putting the disc in the DVD player and actually looking up the line. You l know, the scene where he has gotten his act together and he comes back to apologize. I promise I'll look at it tomorrow and fix it if I am wrong. And I completely realize that my drivel here pales in comparison to what he was referring to. So sorry I haven't blogged. Week before last I had a few days at home without the kiddos. Tuesday I did have to go to work, go to vote, and go get something for HH. Wednesday I had a long lunch with a friend of a decade and then some. Boys had half days so it really doesn't give you much time to do much. This week we have all been out. Which means 2 weeks of my summer vaca is gone.
(This morning) In the past two weeks, however, we have had some big celebrations. My grandfather turned 95 yesterday & we had a big blow out for him on Sunday. Not many 95ers still live in their own house and get around without some help. He refuses a walker of any sort because "it's absurd & for old people". Also on Wednesday we welcomed a new nephew, which gives my in-laws a grand total of 6 grandsons and 1 lone granddaughter. Bless her heart. We have cleaned house, mowed the yard, picked a ton of peppers and cucumbers from HH's garden. We have spent two days with two different sets of cousins.
Best of all, most days we have slept late. I mean it's not often we get to sleep till 7:15. You know those people whose kids sleep till 9 or 10 and go to bed at 8, well, we don't have those kids.
The MCs are up now, and I assume will want to be fed soon, so off I go.
Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

so glad you got back on the blogging train. we missed you!!! and thanks for the veggies!