Thursday, July 19, 2012

RELIGIOUS LIBERTY

I know...I know...some of you just read the title and said ehhhhh.
Hang in there.
The link, LINK, is to a video on Life Today and it's running time is all of about 29 minutes. The actual meat of the video is only about 16 minutes.
The snippet of discussion that most caught my attention was the freedom of religion versus freedom of worship one.
Are we being duped into believing that allowing us to go into the house of worship of our choice (freedom of worship) is the same as allowing us to take those beliefs from that house and implement them into our every day lives (freedom of religion).
As he states, it is a subtle yet very dangerous change in terminology.
I must tell you, as I am reading the book about Dietrich Bonhoeffer by Metaxas, the similarities are NOT lost on me and are chilling.
No heads in the sand.
Eyes open.
Wisdom sought.

It is worth the watch.

No comments: