Over the summer, my sisters, mom and myself have been doing Kelly Minter's Nehemiah bible study as a part of Living Proof Ministries Siesta Summer Bible Study. While there have been many points that have stuck with me, one that she (Minter) has pointed out multiple times is the value of the people.
The people built the wall.
The people helped one another.
The people protected one another.
The people made a covenant before the Lord.
The people... the people...the people.
The people matter.
I couldn't help but turn that lens to my own life and see if the people mattered.
If I still had them them in this I was doing for them?
In my work, is it still about the kids or is it about me looking like a master teacher?
At my house, are my efforts to clean and cook and do the laundry and mow the yard and do whatever else we moms and wives do, for their training and edification, or for me to look like a mom and wife who has it all together?
When I go to church and serve, is it for the people I am serving, or for me to look like an awesome Christian?
More recently, even in my disagreements with others, both public and private, am I looking out for myself, trying to ensure every one knows I AM RIGHT, trying to be the better wordsmith, trying to have the last word, or is it about them? Is my heart tender and broken toward them? Am I asking the Lord how to love them?
You will have your own examples.
Bottom line....the this without the them doesn't matter.
It doesn't.
Now, my flesh wants to say it does.
My sinful nature loves the this and all the accolades it brings.
Pride lures me in and pushes me to do more of this.
Then, the accuser turns on me and beats me up for leaving them out.
The only way I know to keep them in this is to keep Him in this.
Him being Jesus.
Jesus Christ must be in the middle of the this I am doing.
My flesh must be submitted to Him in the this, regardless of what the this is.
That, my friends, is the only way to keep the them in the this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment