Friday, September 14, 2012

ONLY ONE

Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and  that  there be no divisions among you, but  that  you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. For it has been declared to me concerning you, my brethren, by those of Chloe’s  household,  that there are contentions among you. Now I say this, that each of you says, “I am of Paul,” or “I am of Apollos,” or “I am of Cephas,” or “I am of Christ.” Is Christ divided? Was Paul crucified for you? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul? (1 Corinthians 1:10-13 NKJV)

So this is what I am reading now. Which is good because it's what I see now, too. In the mirror, in the local body & in the church. Some of us get pretty uppity about who we follow or read or sit under for teaching. Those who don't follow who we follow, well, clearly they are uninformed. In my own moment, I actually found myself troubled by one of those I follow befriending another in ministry on social media. 
Pitiful. Flesh driven. Absolutely out of order.
I had to stop, call myself to the carpet & submit to the Lord's dealing with me.
Why? Because my apprehension was about rib issues, and while those matter, the spine matters more. 
Jesus matters more.
The kingdom of God, the glory of God & the work of God matters more.
So let's choose to not be caught up in it all. 
Let's choose to let the backbone of Christ & His righteousness be what causes us to stand tall & not our own arrogance about which book, blog, tweet or Podcast we follow.
Only One died for our sins. 
By only One name are we saved. 
Only One will be the King of Kings & Lord of Lords.
Only One.
Jesus.


1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Amen! we can get caught up way too much in the other stuff and it steals so much from us and from others.