Monday, December 17, 2012

LIKE SO MANY....

...teachers across the nation,
                             - I spent the weekend wondering how I would have reacted.
                             - I walked into my classroom this morning thinking of ways to protect those
                               babies.
                            - I used terms like exit & entry points in reference to my classroom and lab.
                            - I thought about how I could use physics equipment to defend my kids.
                            - I planned with my co-workers how and where would be the safest place and
                               best chance of survival.

....parents across the nation,
                           - I put my kids on the bus, fully aware of those of mamas who couldn't.
                           - I thought of their school, and wondered how those teachers were planning.
                           - I prayed for their safety and was grateful to see them return.

...Christians across the nation,
                           - I have no answer.
                           - I can offer no hope except in Jesus.
                           - I can tell you God knows.
                           - I can pray and go before the Throne of Grace on your behalf.
                           - I can lift you up when you have neither the desire nor the strength to do it yourself.
                           - I can cry with you, I can yell with you, and I can love on you.

Like so many, I will.



2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Amen, beautifully written.

Anonymous said...

Amen.