My professors in college said a lot of things. Most of it I don't remember. However, I had a poli-sci professor whose words have stuck with me since the day he said them.
People say they want equality of opportunity, but what they really want is equality of outcome.
I got that one. Over the years, I have found myself living that one. On both sides of the comma.
Where do I see it the most?
In my Christian walk.
Yep...right where it's not supposed to be.
I say I just want the same opportunity that perfect, single-digit clothes wearing, fit as a fiddle, marriage straight from Hallmark channel, mama has.
I say I just need the same chance that writer or speaker got.
I say if I could just catch break, I could get it together.
I profess I want equality of opportunity.
What I really want is equality of outcome.
I want my kids to be the most polite, well-mannered, educated kids in the group, just like hers.
I want my writing to be valued by others, just like hers.
I want to have it as together as her or her or her and even as him.
Why can't I have the favor I see on their life?
Why do they seem to catch all the breaks?
Why do things always go well for them, even when they mess it up big time?
Please tell me I'm not the only one whose thoughts go there......
You and I have the same opportunities every day.
The opportunity to submit to His will.
The opportunity to share His love.
The opportunity to present the Gospel of Jesus Christ to everyone we come in contact with, even if it's not down the Roman Road. (Nothing wrong with the road...just saying it may not be so pat).
The opportunity to, regardless of my circumstances, proclaim the life and liberty found in Christ Jesus.
Equality of opportunity....
The only outcome God desires is that He be glorified.
In all if it.
By all of me.
Equality of outcome.....
So to myself, and I guess to you if you need it, I say -
Get over it.
The opportunities are the same, and when I choose to take them, there will only be one outcome.
God being glorified; Christ being exalted; people being set free.
When I choose.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Hit that nail on the head! Good job
WOW!!!! Wow, wow....so good. And I am right there with you. Seriously. I am so needing a fresh start and am looking forward to a new year as a jumping off point. Amazing post.
Post a Comment