Wednesday, March 18, 2009

12 HOURS AGO

*Update - when man child 2 woke up from nap he had wet the bed (too much Sprite to treat the diarrhea). More laundry! Stay at home moms are the greatest! So are working mom's!
**Update 2 - on the way home tonight with my nephew I had a lovely visit with a public servant who politely flashed his lights at me to give me a warning. From the back " YEA! A policeman!" Yes. Yea! He was a very nice policeman & he did not give me a ticket so YEA!Apparently there was a bulb out somewhere.



12 hours ago I was climbing into bed after going round 1 with stitch witchery and a few banners for our ladies retreat.

I had to wait to make the banners late at night because it is very hard to make a banner pole when some unmentionable children keep using the rods as light sabers. Even my Jedi mind powers would not deter them.

5:00 am - mom I think I am going to throw up says the voice of man child 2. Mad dash to the bathroom. According to HH is was a mad walk and included me yelling at the sick child. How dare I ! (I don't recall yelling but I do recall telling man child 2 to get his rear end in the bathroom & he better not throw up on my floor. Probably did say it louder than I should have. Man child 2 - I apologize).

Calm morning, caught up on my blog reading and made some emails about the retreat. All seemed well.

10:00 am - while gearing up for round 2 with the banners I walk past the bathroom and hear water running that should not be. Open the door to 1 inch of water on the floor. The electric heater still plugged in and running on the floor and the toilet going crazy. Apparently man child 2 now has diarrhea and was trying to take care of himself. So I unplug the heater and get all the towels I can. HH was a HUGE help. He mopped up while I swapped over laundry;carried towels out to the washer. He earned his keep for the day:)

10:45 am - Now in our third pair of underwear for man child 2. He is outside with HH cleaning the yard when he gets into fire ants. Had to be stripped down and got some medicine to help the welts go away.

Had to run to the store to get some stuff to mop with, as well as stuff for the lawn mower & lunch, and have now returned home. Ahhhh.... home.

All the while man child 1 had discovered his daddy's IPOD and earphones and has spent all morning going "MOM!MOM! CAN I DO THIS OR THAT! " all while I am 6 inches from his face.

And who said Spring break was a time for relaxation.

To end on a positive note - I do thank God that all of this could have been much worse and He spared us. Man child 2 does not feel bad (he is SO mad that he can't have a sandwich right now) and appears to be on the mend.

I am telling you - always exciting around here:)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

and this is what you want to do full time?

God bless you :)

Rhonda said...

And I am pretty sure you do too! And no negativity thank you very much. I have own insecurities about staying home.As you well know:)

Life with the Akin Clan said...

But of course she wants to stay home and do this full time! How else could she entertain us with her stories?