Friday, March 27, 2009

BIG WEEKEND

This weekend is a big one for us. Man child 1 turns another year older. One year ago today my "Nanny" went home to be with Jesus. I am going to take this day to talk about mc 1. Tomorrow I'll talk about Nanny. There is only so much emotion I can take.

**Breaking News** Apparently this birthday weekend is the one when we are officially to old to walk with our parents in the mall because people will think we are a baby. How does that happen in a span of 24 hours?

Man child 1's arrival is a story all on its own. I became pregnant with him after we had suffered a miscarriage at 12 weeks. We had already had a sonogram earlier on and had seen the heartbeat and sac and all the amazing stuff God knits together. When I went back for another sonogram I went by myself, because we thought all was great. There were nursing students observing and I think even a girl I went to high school with. I get all jellied up and the sono tech does her thing and we look over at the screen and there was nothing. No heartbeat, no sac, no nothing. I ended up having to have procedure to remove the tissue (the baby had already gone back to be with the Lord) and we had to wait to try again.

Enter man child 1. To say that I was scared to death was an understatement. Fear plagued me for months. I pleaded with God - please give me a sign that this child will be okay. Daily I would cry and muster up the faith to go on. God was faithful. My family, both blood & church were amazing. HHubs was fantastic. And we got through the months. One of my prayers was that as we got to the end, my water would break because I was scared to death I would not be sharp enough to know what was going on.

So one bright and early morning I am awakened with incredible back cramps. (Naive me knew nothing about back labor). As the hour progresses I become more aware that perhaps something is going on. So I yell to HH (on my way to the bathroom)
me -"HH I think you need to get up because I think it is time"
HH - " Are you sure cuz I am not getting up for a false run"
As he finishes the sentence - my water breaks like the Hoover Dam
me " YEP- pretty sure"
So we scurry around to get going. I think he actually may have taken a shower first (if he didn't he definitely wanted to - cleanliness is next to godliness)
On the way to the hospital he asks
"hey do you think we could stop by Wal-Mart so I could get some magazines?"
That would be a negative mister.
Long story short, MANY hours later I end up with a C- Section. Now HH can field dress just about anything, but the sight of his woman in C-Section position was almost too much for him. When man child 1 enters this world, HH first words were
"RED HAIR? Where did he get the red hair from?"
My drug induced response - " He is yours I promise. "
While they were in there (my abdomen ) checking around they discover that I have a hemi. That is right Dodge has nothing on me. Like a good Ag' I have sawn off one of the horns of my uterus. Yep - I got a hemi. So next day, what do they do? Roll in a sonogram machine to check for my kidneys to make sure they are both there and other organs just in case. Guess they forgot about postpartum and all that goes with it.
Long post, more for me than you I am sure. Props to you if you read the whole thing. Did I mention my OB was in Mexico because " I (Me) wasn't supposed to be there that weekend". My response - Well you were!

Ya'll have a great night!

2 comments:

sueonthefarm said...

Great story! MC 1 is growing up way too fast!

Rebecca said...

love the story!1 always great to remember those times

love you