Tuesday, March 31, 2009

FAMILY

Is it just me or does anyone else think family is hard work at times?
Blood family, church family, work family. Sometime it is really just hard work.

(**Interruption - in the midst of my oh so deep post about family, mc 1 just informed me he did not understand why dogs ate poop. Me neither dude- me neither).

Back to family, the are no other people on the planet who can bring me greater joy than my family. On the other hand there are no other people that can absolutely make me fighting mad as my family. It is work when we disagree. It is work when we fall out. It is work when I have my opinion and for the absolute life of me can't figure out why they aren't asking for it or following it. It is work when they give me theirs. It is flat out work. It is work when they make mistakes and I am left with the pieces. It is work when I have dropped pieces of my own in their laps. Lots of work in families.

Psalm 127
A song of ascents. Of Solomon.
1 Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain.

As I work at building my house (both physical and spiritual) I pray the Lord God is all over it. That His love trump my actions, and my heart be continually broken and bowed before Him. I would hate to look back and think I did all that work for nothing.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Amen, what a great reminder that God must be 'all over it.' If He is not, it will not stand. It is amazing how we expect so much from those in our families, physical and spiritual. We expect the sinners we are married to, the sinners we go to church with, the ones in our blood family, to act right and be perfect. Do we forget that we are sinners as well and it is ONLY by God's grace that we can love one another.

love ya