Monday, March 23, 2009

I DON'T EVEN KNOW

I don't even know where to start. My head is jumbled with a lot of things rolling around. The past few weeks have been very stressful for me spiritually. It has been a battle and I have come under attack. I spent the first part whining "why am I being attacked? What is wrong with me". At our women's retreat this weekend the Lord broke through.


Let me back up a bit. I bought the Esther study a few weeks after it had come out. Maybe several weeks. Now I adore Beth Moore. I really do. We are just two ole girls for the South with hunter hubbys who love Jesus. I enjoy her bible studies to no end. God always speaks to me and deals with me. So I started Esther and something strange happened. I was bored to tears. I mean to TEARS! I was not getting it. It did not click in any way shape or form. I kept reading all these people who loved it, best bible study ever.... and I am thinking - seriously? I am struggling with it. I even commented on the All Access blog what a struggle it was for me to do the study and then I said something to the effect of" it's probably the enemy trying to keep me away because God has something really great for me in it". Had I only known the prophetic word I was speaking to myself? I did exactly what satan wanted me to do - I got busy & forgot. Forgot about Esther, bible reading, all of it.


Backing up even further, I faced my most difficult spiritual battle about 3 years ago. It is a long, pride filled, humbling story. But I was delivered by the very Word of God. I dug deep into the Word. I had my sword sharpened and I was wielding it at the enemy. And I walked in victory. I don't even know when I dropped my sword, but I did. I somehow decided that hand to hand combat with the enemy was a better idea. Wearing my own armor was better than God's. I don't even know what I was thinking. There is a reason why it says the battle is the Lord's.

Back to now, I had been asking God why? what is wrong with me? And Friday night, at 12:30am , in a solitary sanctuary He showed me- nothing. The enemy loves to torment me.He loves to torment us. It is one of his favorite tactics. The next day in the study talked about God allowing a new threat to remind us of a past miracle. H-E-L-L-O???? That is exactly what I had done. I had put the battle plan for the victory on the back shelf and had come up with my own. Thank God He reminds me. He loves me enough to re-armor me in His armor. I don't even know where I would be without Jesus Christ. He is absolutely the best thing in my life.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

AMEN! AMEN! Praise His holy name!

Keri said...

I love this!!!! I love the part about sharpening your sword and then dropping it - perfect description of how it happens. All the time.

So glad you met face to face with God this last weekend!! Now pick up that sword and skewer some satan!!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it wonderful that God never lets go of us. Praise God - He is good! Congratulations!

Deare Diary said...

Good morning friend. Thanks for the comment. It is nice to know that someone missed me. ha. I am back and I will checking everyone's blogs.
Love ya,
Judy