Sunday, March 15, 2009

LOVE LANGUAGE

Hunter Hubs and I have never taken a class on our individual "love languages". However, I have discovered his - FASHION. Mainly mine.
Or lack thereof.
To say I ascribe to be as trendy as Big Mama would be an understatement. Fashion Fridays are one of the highlights of my week.
Apparently, it is important to HH that I dress more with the times. Mainly - not like my mother
sorry mom:()
So this weekend we went away for a little trip and planned to do some shopping.
I read Big Mama's post on Friday and took mental notes.
I spent all day Saturday watching Stacy and Clinton on TLC. I lamented that fact that even though black is slimming (YEA!) apparently I am approaching the age where it is "too harsh for my skin" (BOO!).
I prayed. Seriously, I prayed.
So when we went to the shopping palace, I had grand plans.
When I walked out I had NOTHING.
N-O-T-H-I-N-G
HH walked out with steals ($350 dollars worth of clothes bought on sale for a grand total of $63- the man is a machine)
We venture on to shopping mart #2. We hit 5 stores. NOTHING
Finally, HH decides I need a new coat so, we agree on one more fashionable and a new purse.
Here are the purchases in all their glory:
Notice the gray neutral that we selected. Much more flattering for my age (according to TLC- thanks A LOT!) I don't know how trendy these are but HH is a happier man. So if allowing him to buy me clothes shows him I love him- Love away baby! Love away:)

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

The coat is GREAT!! So cute!! and I like the purse, A LOT!! Man, HH did good! you will be a fashionista before you know it!

love ya

Anonymous said...

Cute coat! Exactly how does "mom" dress that is so objectionable, huh, huh.........

Rebecca said...

nice try 'anonymous', but 'we' know who you are :)