Day 1 of summer vacation has come & gone & it was a good one.
But first,let's deal with the elephant in the room - the previous post. To say it has been a rough few weeks would be putting it mildly. If you have read some of the previous posts then you know that we made the painful yet peaceful decision to leave our church of 10+ years. What was attempted as a graceful exit due to a difference of opinion took a more personal turn before it was all over. That both saddened me & angered me. However, after much prayer (and if you were praying - THANK YOU!) I can honestly say there is no malice. This blog is called I Choose for a reason. I have said it many times and will keep saying it - I get to choose - how I will respond- how I will act - how I will allow Christ to be glorified- I choose. And through this all, at the end, I choose forgiveness because I have been forgiven. Now don't be fooled- I have been fleshy at times. Down rite spiteful in my thoughts and HH has heard more than his fair share of witty comebacks and "I should have done or said ...". Thankfully the Lord has provided sound wisdom through various avenues and has kept us on track. The times when we were about to respond in the flesh He has graciously pulled us back - mainly me because I am way more fleshy than HH. Any way - enough of that chapter. We are on the road to new things and we are excited and humbled and thankful to Christ Jesus. I will share that during all this, one day something was brought to my attention and I literally felt joy in my spirit for the revelation Christ brought from it. I was so thankful & humbled & felt the overwhelming desire to fall flat on face in gratitude to Christ. That was a nice place to be - one I had not been in for what seems like a long time.
Okay - on with today. Today I was the best mommy & teacher ever. MC 1 was all about helping today. He asked me if I remembered in his old life when he was mean because now in his new life he wants to be nice. We cleaned the porch. We rearranged their room, at their requests and how they wanted it. I did laundry and dishes. Best of all - we went NO WHERE! MC 2 could not have been happier! It was a good day. One of many to come I pray (& know).
Hope you all had a great Monday.
Thanks for reading.
It may not always be pretty, but I pray it is always real.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
glad you guys had such a good day - sounds like fun!!
so are you more fleshy than HH or just more smart-mouthed?
takes one to know one :)
This sounds very enjoyable
Post a Comment