Monday, June 15, 2009

SURVEY SAYS.....

So while I was cleaning (and by cleaning I mean sorting my paper work into piles), I came across a Spiritual Gifts form that I had partially filled out. Well, of course, seeing as how important my spirituality is to me - I sat right down & finished that bad boy. No, it had nothing to do with my dislike for cleaning and willingness to ditch that activity whenever the opportunity arises.
Now I have completed one of those forms before but I can honestly say I have no clue as to what the "answers" were. Over the past several years, it has become very clear to me that I have the gift of administration. I am very good at instructing others as to what to do to carry out the plans I have made.
Okay, so I finished the 80 question form and answered to the best of my ability. Signed on the line that states " to the best of my knowledge, the information provided is true and accurate and if not my teaching certificate may be revoked". (Just kidding - there was no line like that on this form. Perhaps left over from too many years of signing my life over to administer a state test for the public school.)
Started adding up the numbers. I really think that mad math skillz should be listed as a spiritual gift. Goodness me! I almost quit after I added up administration - 18 glorious points! (Of course it was only the 2nd one listed and leadership was first- a whopping 18 on that as well- I mean I already knew all that). But I felt convicted to finish a least ONE thing today- so I added up the other 14 totals (really put math in the line-up!) and survey says...

NOT ADMINISTRATION!

NOT LEADERSHIP!

I know. You need a few moments to collect yourself from the shock. I did too. Go ahead. I'll wait.

.............

The winner weighing in with a total of 22 points (out of 30 which is only like a 73% just in case I start getting proud)...

knowledge (had to stifle a laugh didn't you)

It gets better - second runner up... 21 points total.....

faith

pick up your jaw now. I am thinking - do the makers of the test even READ this blog because if they did they would laugh out loud.

Tying for 3rd ---- grand total of 19 points (hold onto you hat:)

teaching & prophecy! ( Teaching I could see - prophecy - I don't even know what to say to that.)

So needless to say my desire to clean has been totally washed away by my desire to figure all this out. I have not touched the piles of paperwork yet.
Administration & leadership did round out the top five. According to the form you only focus on the top three though.
Do you want to know the really sad part is - now I can no longer claim administration as my gift. Now, I just have to admit that I am, do I dare say the words, bossy.
Yep, you heard it here first- I am bossy and that is not a spiritual gift. Admitting that you have a problem is the first step right.
Okay now go away and let me figure out how to not be so bossy. Come back tomorrow. (Of course my prophetic gift already tells me you will:)

*Seriously - I only poke fun at myself because I know myself. The questions I am asking myself now are:

What does the gift of faith look like?

What does the "gift of prophecy" really mean? Fortune telling like we in the charismatic world have made it in to - or is it simply proclaiming the word of God and the Truth of Christ?

This simple inventory has rocked me a bit so I will spend some time researching and digging into the spiritual gifts. I am SURE I will be posting more on this.

Have a great day! Remember you choose!

6 comments:

Rhonda said...

HH says he knew this already but did not want to hurt my feelings. So very sensitive my man is.

Rebecca said...

wow - that is totally cool - God is full of surprises!! maybe HH has the gift of discernment?? knowledge, faith, teaching & prophecy - well that definitely goes with what He is calling you to :) God is so good!!

love you

Rhonda said...

I know - but now I am just bossy! UGH!!!!!

Keri said...

Ok, so I am not at ALL surprised that knowledge came in first. That being said, if you have the kind of knowledge to get 22 points, then it's natural you are going to have faith, right?

You are a woman that doesn't just KNOW stuff.....you put all that knowledge into work in your life. That equals a good 21 points of faith.

I am intrigued.......I would also go into this with an assumption of what my gifts would be. It would probably reveal that I am also bossy with an overactive mouth!

Rhonda said...

Fortunately the gift of gab is not on there! Thanks to you & Bec for the encouraging words!

The German-Ethiopian Alaskans :O) said...

Rhonda, you make me laugh out loud!!! I love you and think that you are amazing! Keep pressing in to HIM and onward...I'm praying for you!

Love from AK,
Janelle

P.S. Even though I don't comment very often, I love your blog. :o)