Thursday, June 17, 2010

SILENCE WITHOUT THE LAMBS

The men children departed from us this past Sunday. MC 1 went to spend the week with JG and go to vacation bible school. MC 2 went to Laudie's and Grandpa's. Sunday night HH kept walking around saying,

Just think, this will be what it is like when we retire.

Yes dear (sob sob) it will.

HH loves his boys but he is looking forward to it being just he and I again. Can anyone else relate? I am thinking,

10 years...they will be gone in 10 years...

It seems too soon.
Monday HH kept calling to see what "it" was like. "It" being the silence of no kids. I have to say it was nice. Weird at first. Honestly I was a little nervous about it. I was afraid with no men children to distract this brain of mine it would run back into anxiety- ville and do some laps around worry town. By the grace of God it did not. Monday I mowed the yard and prepared PW's jalapeno/bacon thingys. Tuesday was really quiet. I spent the day inside, a tad bit unmotivated. By Wednesday I had gotten the hang of being productive. Of course then I had to get MC 2 at lunch, so it was a short lived victory.
Our plans for nice quiet evenings together never came to fruition, so HH and I will just have to relish in the uninterrupted sleep we got.
It is now but a fond memory now that MC 2 has returned.
He did return bearing gifts though.
A waffle "cooker".
Seems child has been deprived of waffles for way too long.
Of course they will pale in comparison to Audie's (aka Laudie).
Much like my pancakes, eggs, gravy.....
That is what happens when you let your firstborn major in Ag in high school instead of Home Ec. But honey I can drive a tractor and haul hay with the best of them:)
Have a great day!
Ya'll come back now ya' here!
Love
Ellie Mae

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

i know - they grow up WAY to fast!!!

did you make him waffles yet?

Rhonda said...

Yes with a full on 5 year old's tutorial on what Audie does and what I was suppossed to do.

Querida said...

As in Ellie Mae Clampett? That's hilarious! We had a girl on our floor in college whom we nicknamed Ellie Mae for similar reasons. :)

Rebecca said...

mama's got to learn some time :)

The Schubey Shack said...

they grow up waay to fast...bryson is more than half way finished with us....can't believe it!!! mom and dad bought us a waffle maker on one of their trips to kingsville...many, many years ago...still have it!!