Thinking about yesterday's post, I guess I wanted to make sure you guys knew that I knew all the dry erase boards in the world aren't the key to this. I can have as many scriptures as I want posted up there, but it won't matter if the MCs don't see HH and I walking it out.
If they don't see us keeping no other gods before God, it is all for naught. Just as importantly, if they don't see us repenting when we have lifted an idol up, and redirecting our small steps back toward Christ, I have wasted many a good dry erase marker.
The small steps we take with the MCs must be pointed in the right direction. They must be following the steps of Christ in every area of our life. We will stumble, fall, and get back up again. I think the kids need to see that. Otherwise, how will they know how to handle their own falls down the road. Maybe not graphically and privy to every detail, but they need to know none of us get it right all the time.
But we try.
And we keep trying.
And by the grace and wisdom of God, we get it a little more right each time.
So whatever small steps you are taking with your kids, make sure they are pointed in the right direction.
Small steps lead somewhere.
We choose the where.
Give careful thought to the paths of your feet and be steadfast in all your ways.
Proverbs 4:26 (NIV)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment