The last two weeks have felt a wee bit like a triathlon. The week before Christmas found the MCs and I shopping like mad people during the day and staying up way too late at night. HH spent the week hunting. MC 1 would have gone, but he just got an expander put on his top teeth and didn't feel dad was up to the challenge of cranking it every day for a week. The boys were real troopers Thursday. We shopped until about 8:00pm when MC 1 told me he felt weird. One look in his eyes and I knew what it was....shopping fatigue. He was weak with hunger, and much like his little brother, his boots were no longer made for walking. MC 2 gave out about an hour before. So after a quick refuel at Chick-Fil-A we hit the last stop on our list- Wal-Mart. Honestly, the mall freaked me out more. At least in Wal- mart I know where I am. Maybe a million people with me, but I know where I am. The mall....oh well...that was too much.
To their credit, the MCs were up and ready to go again Friday. MC 1 loves to shop. I blame his aunts and grandmother spending his formative years taking him to Dallas. I had hopes Friday would be much calmer compared to Thursday, but then we went to Academy. Along with everyone else who lives in a 60 mile radius of our town. My word! We were doing good until we had to move to another part of the store. And that is where we lost him. M...C...2.
No clue where he was, no clue where he thought we were headed. I had MC 1 go left and I went right and we did not find him. I conceded loss and walked up to the manager and said I am sorry but my son has walked away from me only to have MC 2 walk right up to me carrying Aggie golf club covers. You mamas know....relief and anger all at the same time.
The weekend was spent with family, lots of gifts, too much food, and many memories. Rarely am I ever able to surprise HH with his gift. This year - I did! He was shocked and pleased all at the same time and that made me very happy.
This week has been a recovery from last and preparation for next. House cleaned, laundry done, MCs room culled of clothes and toys.
So we prepare today to run this final stretch of 2011 watching the Aggies play (oh please play) and more family time.
Have a great and safe New Year's Eve and I'll see you in 2012!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment