I was watching an interview with Priscilla Shirer talking about her book The Resolution for Women. She made the comment that someone could be a person of faith and not be a faithful person.
Made me straight up hit the pause button.
I backed the video up and listened again.
Hit that pause button again.
I wasn't sure I wanted to watch anymore.
More pointedly that I didn't want to hear anymore.
For the record I did. Watched and listened to the whole thing.
Because I knew that was me on so many levels.
Did I say was?
Is would be better.
More truthful.
Examples?
Sure.
I have faith that eating well and exercise will help me to lose weight, feel better about myself, and improve my health.
Am I faithful to that belief in my choices?
Clearly not.
I have faith in good budgeting. I believe it will free us up from a good deal of stress and allow us to bless others.
Do my choices back that up consistently?
Not yet.
I have complete faith in the Word of God. I do not doubt its power.
Is it always a priority in my life? Do I choose to place it first every day.
Not this week.
I have faith that God's plans are better than my plans.
Yet I still choose my own.
It's that disconnect.
Between what I say I believe and what I do.
What I say I believe and what rages in my thought life.
What I know to be Truth and what I let my flesh tell me is truth.
Sometimes, you may see the disconnect in me.
Sometimes you won't.
God always does.
And I always know.
Even in the little choices.
I usually know.
And I still choose.
I still let that doubt, that disconnect, creep in.
I give into the flesh instead letting the fruit of Spirit grow.
As many times I choose the disconnect, Christ always chooses to connect.
Him to me.
Me to Him.
Everyday, He is a man of faith that is eternally faithful.
It's time I started closing the gap on that disconnect.
It's time for me to be a faithful person of faith.
In the small as well as the big, although I think sometimes the big is easier.
You know the next line...
Because ultimately,
I choose.
God is faithful, by whom you were called into the fellowship of His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
1 Corinthians 1:9 (NKJV)




1 comment:
this is a really great post - very convicting - which is why it has taken me so long to comment :)
in so many areas I am not faithful - it seems the only thing I am 'faithful' in is my utter dependence on Him, even when I don't acknowledge it, I need Him, always - especially for my lack of faithfulness
Post a Comment