Thursday, April 26, 2012

LIFE TO OUR SOULS

I often question myself if my blogs are to tough. Not happy go lucky enough. I mean I know some are, but some like yesterday's seem like such downers to my flesh. I was talking to myself about it yesterday, and I don't know, maybe it's because I am reading MacArthur's The Vanishing Conscience, but I kept thinking if we don't own our part in this deal, our sin, we have no need for a savior. Listen to me, I have no doubt that we have a very real enemy in the devil. He is after us in so many ways. However, we can't blame all the stuff we go through on him. If it was just him, then all Jesus becomes to us is a big ole bodyguard to keep the bogeyman away.
Jesus is so much more......
Without our admission, there is no repentance.
Without our confession, there is no redemption.
Without our acknowledgement and ownership of our sinful little selves, we have no need of salvation and grace is foreign to us.
It's not that we need to beat ourselves up with the fact, we just can't deny it. We can't play the well , at least I am not like him or her game any longer. We can't continue to blame someone or something else for the consequences of our own sin. When we do, we deny ourselves the saving power of Christ Jesus' sacrifice and immense love.
So maybe posts like that are little downers to our flesh.
If they lead to the path restoration with God the Father and Christ Jesus,
if they remind no one but myself that I have a choice,
that I can choose Jesus,
that He has already chosen me,
that I can be restored to Him,
that He has saved me for all eternity,
then they are life to our souls.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

i don't think they are downers at all - very insightful if you ask me - which you DIDN'T!!