I have sat down at this computer to write a post pretty much everyday since the last one went up. Yet, nothing. Some days it was because I had nothing to say, or at least nothing I thought anyone would care to read. Others it was because I had too much to say and you probably didn't need to read it. The words were plentiful but not nice. Striking a balance between the two is sometimes difficult. Okay, often difficult.
Do I share my current struggles and fears? Now? While I am knee deep in them? While the mud slings inside my thought life at myself and others? Or do I wait until I am on the other side?
Do I write about the sameness of our days and struggles? Do you really care what we did on Easter? Or the weekend before that? Does it matter to you that we are still finding our way through FPU, and this weekend seem to have gotten a little lost in the process? Do you want to know that MC 1 is a fierce shopper and MC 2 ran through Kohl's in his underwear and shirt?
Then there is the social media overkill I feel. I would think of something to say and remember I said it already on FB or Twitter.
There is the pressure to write everyday, just not always the words.
* This post has set for about a week in draft mode. It is now 1:30am several days later. Nothing will get you up and awake like hearing, "Mom! My tummy hurts", about 6 inches from your face. So while he is bedded down in the bathroom, I am awake.
And still finding myself at a loss as to what to say here.
So with that being said, I'll say good night.
Or good morning....




2 comments:
I feel your pain. I think it's been over 2 months since I've posted.......although I have enough stuff running through my head to write a book! May have to throw myself into another daily blog challenge to force myself to get it done. Now, GO TO BED!!!
some days we are supposed to speak and some days we are not. glad you are out of the not and into the are :)
Post a Comment