Matthew 7:14 (NKJV)
Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
I really hope that is not sacrilegious. But if you have been on the Dave Ramsey road, you know it is a narrow one, with steep slopes on each side that you can easily fall off. Especially when not walking completely in step. Either of you. Read that again.....EITHER OF YOU.
Please be clear, there is no finger pointing here. HH and I have both taken missteps and fallen off the path. However, we do get back up and start walking again.
Dave told us the first month wouldn't work perfectly.
He was right.
June was the first month I could devote my full attention to the budgeting process. The paper work looked good. Tight but good. The manifestation was a bit of a mess. And that frustrates me. I tend to be of the mindset that IF I CAN'T DO IT PERFECTLY, JUST FORGET IT!
Steep slope right there, and I tumbled right down.
Here is July, so we get back up, and start walking again.
If you have traveled this narrow road, and have encouragement for us, well, I'll be honest, I could use it:)
In the mean time, I will be choosing to be diligent and get back at it.
I really hope that is not sacrilegious. But if you have been on the Dave Ramsey road, you know it is a narrow one, with steep slopes on each side that you can easily fall off. Especially when not walking completely in step. Either of you. Read that again.....EITHER OF YOU.
Please be clear, there is no finger pointing here. HH and I have both taken missteps and fallen off the path. However, we do get back up and start walking again.
Dave told us the first month wouldn't work perfectly.
He was right.
June was the first month I could devote my full attention to the budgeting process. The paper work looked good. Tight but good. The manifestation was a bit of a mess. And that frustrates me. I tend to be of the mindset that IF I CAN'T DO IT PERFECTLY, JUST FORGET IT!
Steep slope right there, and I tumbled right down.
Here is July, so we get back up, and start walking again.
If you have traveled this narrow road, and have encouragement for us, well, I'll be honest, I could use it:)
In the mean time, I will be choosing to be diligent and get back at it.




1 comment:
oh man - it is tough - that is why so few take the narrow road. but press on, hold fast, cleave unto Him - it will be well worth it.
and p.s. - we have never tried the dave ramsey road so i am speaking from ZERO experience :)
Post a Comment