I know I have told you somewhere before that one of the enemy's favorite place to attack me is in my health. Mainly in my mind about my health, not my health itself. I have issues there too but most of them are my own doing (Oreos a no-no). It seems to never fail when I am digging deeper or feeling a fresh fire for the Lord, here comes the health. Last night was no different. I have bad cholesterol, all the way around. Bad "bad cholesterol"; bad "good cholesterol", it's just bad. It's also genetic. Doc did some high-fluten test to find that out. Anyway, one of the things we can fix is my niacin, so bring on another prescription. I chickened out of taking it until this past weekend because I knew what the side effects could be. I also know how my mind tends to spew "vain imaginations" in this area. I held out as long as my conscience would let me and then began the regime. It was not going badly at all, until last night. Last night I awoke at 2 in the morning literally thinking I was on fire and a million needles were prodding me. Well, that lovely adrenaline rush sent the blood pressure (meds for that as well ) and the heart rate sky high, or at least what felt like sky high. The fire/needles went away. The anxiety and fear hung around. I was literally saying, "okay Lord if this is it, make sure my men know I love them, and I can't believe yesterday was my last post." A tad dramatic, but you wake up at 2 thinking you are on fire and see how peaceful you are.
It is no coincidence that last night coincided with some personal choices I had made about pressing into the Lord. Or about a couple of ministry opportunities I had come up throughout the day. Same old tricks. The question is will I have the same old response, which would be to be frozen with fear, worrying and obsessing about it all day. I hope no. I choose no. I choose to believe the words of my Father, that He knows the number of my days, and that worrying can't add to them. I choose to call my doctor for wisdom and not let fear keep me ignorant. I choose to go about my day and not curl up in a ball and lament the attack once again. I choose to recognize it before it gets out of hand and to strengthen my mind with the Word of God.
I have feeling I am going to be choosing these things every minute today.
But in those choices, which I can dread, I can find strength. Because each minute I make that choice, I choose Jesus Christ. With Him comes peace, joy and abundant life. I can give my minutes to the enemy dreading those choices or I can give them to Christ celebrating Who He is and His love for me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
every second of every day - you're right, it is just choosing Christ - will be praying for ya - and calling to see what cool things came up yesterday
Choose Him.....Choose Him.......Choose Him.
I am going to join you in that mantra. Got my own stuff going on here and I am the queen at vain imaginations. Thank you for the much needed reminder!
Love you!
Boy, the Lord must really have something special for you cause the devil really hates you! Hang in there and MAY GOD BE GLORIFIED through it all.
Post a Comment