Thursday, March 4, 2010

SPLITTING HAIRS

This post will probably cross too many lines.
You may never come back.
You may wonder how in the world HH stays married to me, but it was just too stinkin' funny not to share.
As many of you know, as we women age we start to get hair in places we don't want.
I have fallen prey to the wayward hairs myself on my face (See you are starting to run aren't you. Stick with me).
Usually the tweezers are able to remedy my issues, but there are some rebellious ones striking out on their own in a covert operation. They can only be seen in a certain light at a certain angle, but when you can see them, YOU CAN SEE THEM.
Lucky for me HH mama sells AVON, which just happens to carry some facial hair removal wax get up that should work. However I am a chicken. A blind chicken at that because I can't see them, the guerrilla hairs that is. I am most definitely not fired up about going to get a professional to do it after reading about Keri's experience.
So as I was feeling like Foo Man Choo (and I have no idea how to really spell that - you get phonics at it's best) the other night I actually said to HH,

get ready

here it comes

catch your jaw

I think you are going to have to help me wax my chin.

You should have seen his face. He was looking down at the time. He slowly looked at me in disbelief. Like I had just asked him to be my OBGYN. Complete and utter disbelief and I think a bit of horror.
IT WAS STINKIN' HILARIUS!
He declined naturally. Told me to call my friend Casey and get her to help.
I am thinking I want to keep this bit of drama "in house" and not call in reinforcements, but that is shot now.
I know there are those of you completely shocked that I would even say that to HH. I know many of you don't let your hubs see you without some form of make-up and some hair fixing. To you I apologize if you are completely mortified. Pray for me.
I am not that girl. HH sees me daily without make-up, and this is nothing new. He would be more shocked if I had make-up on.
I realize this was not the best way to keep the romance alive, and after some hindsight, I promise not to ask him to do it again.
Nope.
Never.
Not by the hair on my chinny chin chin.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

hair or hairs??? just kidding - i need some help with the whole eyebrow thing

Querida said...

I probably would have done the same thing. I wonder if Andrew would have obliged...

sueonthefarm said...

My hubs would have thrilled at the prospect of inflicting that brief amount of torture on me - kinda like "Let me look at that loose tooth....." For those of you not in the familymy hubs takes exceptionally good care of me when i am ill.

Keri said...

Holy cow!!!! I am so in awe of you........that is stinking hysterical. I can not even imagine what Scot would have done if I'd asked him to help me. He doesn't even like to be with me in the store if I have to buy personal female hygiene products. I love it!